Once we have confirmed a date and you have made your payment, the following policies will be in place for cancellation or rescheduling requests:
- If you give us more than 48 hours’ notice, we are happy to reschedule your session at no charge.
- For less than 48 hours’ notice, we will charge a $25 service fee to reschedule your session.
- If you choose to cancel your session altogether, we will charge a $25 service fee, and refund the remainder of your payment. However, if we have already spent advance reading, research, or critique time, per our agreement with you, we will NOT refund the money already paid for that advance time.
- If you miss your session, we will charge a $25 service fee, and you will have the option to either reschedule your session, or to cancel for a refund of the remaining fee. The refunded amount will NOT include any advance time we have spent on research and/or critiquing your manuscript.
- Sessions that require advance research or critique time on our part will need to be scheduled further in advance and may have to be delayed if we do not receive your materials in a timely manner.
- What happens if the Mentors are having technical problems? Sometimes using new technologies feels a little like living in the old Wild West. Things can go wrong! We’ve provided a troubleshooting guide to help you work your way through some of those things, but of course, there will always be things we can’t foresee. We will work with you to provide an alternate format or a different time slot if one of the Mentors has a computer crash or a personal emergency that interferes with our session.