If You Were the Moon comes out in about 6 weeks (aaack!), so I’m in the middle of my marketing efforts. With my first book, Stampede (which went OOP after selling around 2,000 copies), I tried everything. Now I know what sort of works for me and what I can handle–and who my audience is. So, here’s what I’m doing for Moon:
- page on my website, of course
- book trailer (hope to finish this week)
- teaching guide
- one-page shortie teaching guide (need to do)
- add to my various bookmarks and rack cards next time I order
- have one physical promo piece (postcard or bookmark) I can hand to people–Lerner made a bookmark and is sending me some
- sending out some F&Gs to interested bloggers–first time I’m doing this
- book launch party–this will be my first one ever. As an introvert, I am uncertain about this but grateful to Family Fun Twin Cities!
I can share more about these pieces of my plan in the coming weeks–let me know your questions below!